Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pork Collagen??


Read this interesting article i found:


Feeding Your Face: Pork Delicacies Replacing Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid Injections?
It is scientifically AND historically proven that Pork Collagen Easily Absorbed by Human Bio Mechanisms.

Who wouldn’t eat some pork skin if you can get that supple, soft, smooth, totally bliss-inducing high feeling from touching your own face?

I came across this article about a celebrity gourmet trend on Pig’s Feet (alarm: collagen! collagen!) that got me a little ticked off. Why? I should have done something about turning this concept into a business years ago! Eating pig skin for collagen and beauty is something that I practiced a lot… and loved. Pork skin, when prepared properly as Anthony Bourdaine would definitely document in his exotic food adventures, taste EXQUISITE… like a soft, smooth, gelatinous custard. I’ve actually developed different menus for preparing pork skin that allows the collagen molecules to be absorbed the easiest into my system. My uncle Leichi, a bio scientist, has shown me how to extract Type IV collagen standarized for clinical application and clinical uses, from PIG TENDONS and PIG’s JOINTS soaked in a bucket of WHITE VINEGAR.

As if I haven’t ruined your appetite for this supposedly “gourmet” post already, keep reading in the name of perfect skin!

“A pig’s foot a day helps keep wrinkles away? So Says chef Himi Okajima, who has made tonsoku the rage in Japan and is now serving 40 variations of the trotters at his sleek New York restaurant Hakata Tonton. Rich in collagen, a protein responsible for maintaining skin strength and elasticity, porcine cuisine is said to help prevent aging. We’re skeptical, too, but at least one natural-supplement outfit, New Zealand’s Waitaki Biosciences, believes enough to have launced its own bovine-based edible collagen — Sara Reistad-Long for Gourmet Magazine.”

My research experience convinced me that only fish and pork have the most readily absorbed, immediately noticeable impact on skin.

Here is a list of top quality collagen building foods that have a very direct and long term impact on the collagen structure of my skin, and thus I try to, when possible, eat a lot of:

1)fish (particulary fatty fish, fatty and collagenous portions of the fish like the head, the belly)
2)pork skin, pork tendons, and pork connective tissue (preferably not fried)
3)marrow
4)algae
5)seaweed
6)royal jelly or royal bee jelly
7)ferns

No comments:

Post a Comment